Welcome to Idaho!
After spending the first two years in Seattle gaining a solid foundation in psychiatry, residents move to Boise, Idaho to complete their two years of training in a community based, widely varied, intensely supportive atmosphere.
We aim to inspire our residents to make a difference in their community and the world. The program emphasizes outstanding, broadly based, and balanced training in both general psychiatry and in providing consultation to primary care physicians.
- To train psychiatrists to become outstanding clinicians
- To help treat the underserved populations of Idaho
- To teach psychiatrists to become expert consultants to other health care providers
- To provide an environment where residents grow personally and professionally
What Makes Us Unique
- Maximum of 8 residents
- Extensive training in academic and community settings
- Opportunity to develop close, meaningful relationships with teaching staff of all disciplines
- Focus on integrating mental health care into multiple settings
- All while living in a sophisticated city surrounded by a natural wonderland